Fema Test Answers for : IS-559: Local Damage Assessment
This course provides information and resources that will enable participants to plan an effective damage assessment program and conduct rapid and effective damage assessments in order to save lives, protect property and the environment, and begin the process of recovery and mitigation.
- Explain basic concepts related to damage assessment.
- Describe how risk and vulnerability assessment information is used for damage assessment planning.
- Explain the process for planning the damage assessment program.
- Describe how training and exercises are used to enhance the damage assessment program.
- Describe basic operations of local damage assessment.
- Describe damage assessment after-action activities.
Local officials who are responsible for assessing, collecting, and reporting damages during and after any event that causes damage of private, public, and critical infrastructure
Recommended prerequisites are:
- IS-100.b Introduction to the Incident Command System
- IS-200.b ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
- IS-700.a National Incident Management System (NIMS), An Introduction
- IS-800.b National Response Framework, An Introduction
- IS-120.a An Introduction to Exercises
- IS-130 Exercise Evaluation and Improvement Planning